Tuesday, October 5, 2010

He's 9 months... already!!!

I LOVE MY SON!!! I never knew it would be this hard but so much fun and rewarding at the same time! One smile from my son erases 1000 bad days! He is my joy and my light and I am just so truly grateful for my boy Brayden.

I know we have bad days and there are days when it just seems Brayden can't cry more than what he already is. Or why does he have to cling onto my leg all day and not play with his toys while I try to clean house. Sometimes I feel so inadequate and wondering to myself, why did I think I could do this. But then I realize... why do I think I need to be perfect at this? I grow and learn everyday how to be a mother. Some things just come natural and some things definitely don't.

I am grateful to Brayden for teaching me patience. For the first 3 months he CRIED. I was with him 24/7 so to me it was nonstop. I thought he hated me. Now I know he was just a fussy newborn and we made it thru it and I loved him even more when it was all over. :)

I am also grateful for how needy Brayden is, because just maybe when he is a teenager he will think he doesn't need his mommy anymore. And I will be grateful for all these times I get to hold him and get to constantly be right by his side.

I am grateful for his LOUD shrill screams for I know he has a strong voice. And again one day I hope he uses it to stand up for himself and to speak out for what he believes in!

I am grateful for his sleepless nights, it gives one more moment to be with him and hold him and to look at his beautiful little face one more time!

Brayden is growing so fast. We just had his 9 month wellness check done. He is now 18 lbs. 14 oz., 29 1/2" and has his 2 front bottom teeth. He did really well getting 2 more shots. Screamed for maybe 30 seconds! I think he was more mad that he had to be held down. He hates that more than anything else it seems. So now you can only imagine how diaper changes go. ha ha

I took Brayden and his cousin Ravyn to the park the other day and took some pictures! Enjoy the slideshow!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free slideshow made with Smilebox

5 comments:

Reisberger Reflections said...

Oh geez! You about made me cry at work! BRAT!

Jami said...

Thank you for that - I forgot to not try to be perfect and beat myself up about it a LOT. You're awesome!

LB said...

Very nice. You're a good mom.

I can't believe how much Brayden's face has changed in the past month. Must be the teeth!

Kara said...

I love all the pictures! And that's sweet how you're grateful for it all even when it's hard. I kind of had the same kind of week where I swore Jacob must hate me, but we forgave each other and love each other again- yes it's all worth it!

Unknown said...

You are amazing. Love your heart. You don't have to be perfect. You are the perfect mother for Brayden. You are such a sweetie. So happy that you get to be a sweet ma for that little boy. You were made for it.