Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I saw my first TURTLE!!


Today I saw my first turtle in the ocean!! I have to say it was pretty amazing. We were out playing in the water and not maybe 15 feet from us I could see something bobbing its head out of the water in the wave. We then realized it was a turtle. He was sooo big!!

It is a Hawaiin legend that if you see a turlte it brings good luck!! We kept trying to get closer to him but then I would freak myself out because where there is one big animal in the ocean I'm sure there are more!! But it was almost like he was watching us. He would go down for awhile and then come back up to the surface and hang out in the waves. It was pretty cool!!

1 comment:

LB said...

Well geez, if they're good luck, I must have the best luck in the world. We saw so many of them on the Big Island that I should win the lottery without even playing!

Miss you......xxxooo