Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hiking at Cenitas above Boulder

My friend Jess and her sister invited me to go hiking in Boulder. Of course my first reply was YES! I love the mountains, love to hike, love the fresh air, and could totally take in some beautiful scenery! We left around 10am. I now know this is too late to start a hike in the middle of summer. We also couldn't find it right away, so we started later then we thought. We park the car and all I see are stairs up this mountain. Now I am thinking, "Holy Hell, what did I just get myself into??" I can't even remember the last time I worked out! We begin to hike or should I say stair step. I'm taking in my needed breaks and trying to control my breathing, all the while trying to enjoy the beautiful gosh darn big mountain I am trying to climb. We get up to a stopping point and take some pictures (shown here), when suddenly I begin to start feeling dizzy and light headed. I tell the girls to go on with out me and I will catch up. I just needed to sit and rest here for a minute and drink some more of my water. Suddenly... it came. I was sick all over the nasty place. Way to go Shandra for helping to beautify our earth! I don't know what came over me... but once it happened felt better and continued hiking as far as I could. I'm glad I'm not the only one that messed up that day. Thank goodness Jess slipped a tiny bit and fell. I wasn't the only one looking like a jackass!! I haven't been hiking since... I suppose I should get myself back up there again!

No comments: