Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth of July Fun

We had such a great weekend. We flew to my dads house in Chicago. My dad and Lynn had a HUGE party for the 4th and for everyone to come meet Brayden. Brayden did awesome on the plane. We were delayed both on the way there and on the way back. He slept both times. We got in late Thursday night and Brayden had a rough time in the car on the way home. So he was up till 130am on Friday. Nani had to keep reminding him that it was 1:30 in the morning not 1:30 in the afternoon. He eventually went to sleep. Friday we met up with my aunt and some cousins in Naperville. They have this really pretty riverwalk. So we did that and got some YUMMY ice cream. They add cookie dough and have all different choices of it. It was so good. That evening we ordered my favorite pizza - Salernos! I couldn't go to Chicago and NOT have Salerno's. It is truly the BEST!!!

Saturday was the big party. I would say there was close to 80-100 people that showed up. My folks had it catered by Sweet Baby Ray's. It was delicious! My dad bought tons of fireworks... NO not just those little wimpy fountains but the big boom ones that light up the sky. We did it in the back yard and it was so fun having our own big fireworks display. Poor Brayden missed it... he slept thru the whole thing! The party was so much fun and I got to see so many friends and family. Everyone loved Brayden and of course he was eating up all the attention!

Sunday we relaxed in a big way. The only thing we did was go to Rainforest cafe for dinner. Brayden loved the huge fish aquariums. Our table was right next to it and it seemed to keep him pretty occupied.

Monday we did some running around and then Nani and Papa babysat while Gary and I went downtown. It was kind of funny... we took the train and bus to Navy Pier. But we did more waiting around for the transportation because not thinking about it being the day that it was... everything was on holiday schedule. So we didn't do much but walk around and have a bite to eat. But it was nice spending time with Gary and going downtown. Besides, always good people watching on public transportation.

Our last day we went to Portillos for lunch. Again one of my favorites. Best Italian Beef sandwiches EVER! (ok... so all I do is eat when I go... but you can't get the goods here in denver!) Our flight was set to leave on time and we boarded on time but then once we got out on the tarmac we had to sit on the plane for an hour because some bad weather was hitting. Brayden still did great and the minute we took off he was out the rest of the way home.

It was a fantastic weekend and I was sad to leave. Brayden sure is going to miss his Nani and Papa!!!

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: 4th of July
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a free scrapbook

1 comment:

Reisberger Reflections said...

You seriously need to scrapbook those pix! I love the plane ride ones!
Looks like you guys had a good time. I'm surprised you didn't get more pix of the party night.
I missed you while you were gone! When do we get to hang out again?!?!?