Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekend Getaway...

My brother and sister-n-law invited us up to their house in Leadville this past weekend. What a relaxing weekend! I did not want to come home. Really I need to either live in the mountains or in the country. More and more these days I can hardly stand being anywhere near city life. Maybe I would appreciate it more if moved out of the city.

Anyway... we left Friday night and got up there about 8pm. Visited for a bit, but we were all exhausted. I didn't have time to get Braydens pack n play. So I made him a bed on the floor. I think he really liked it. He was able to just get up and start walking around in the morning instead of waiting for someone to come get him. Hmmm... is my little man ready for a toddler bed??? WAHHHH...

Saturday we drove down to the Silverthorne Outlets. It was such a nice day out! We all enjoyed being outside and did a little shopping. I let Brayden have a lollipop so of course I had to buy him another outfit while we were there! LOL Brayden loved the snow. He kept trying to eat it, like most kids. Oh who am I fooling, we all love to eat snow! Colin and Zach started a little snow ball fight with him. Brayden would just laugh and then he started putting snow in his own hair and would think it was so funny! That evening everyone went fishing except for me, Jacque and Brayden. So we stayed in and got dinner ready and just relaxed.

Sunday we woke up to snow on the ground and sometimes couldn't see 5 feet beyond the house, the wind was blowing so bad. I kept joking around how great it would be if we got snowed in. Some decided to still go fishing sunday morning, while me and some others stayed back in the cozy warm house! Crazy suckers! :)

We left by 2pm and snow was coming down pretty good. We got to Silverthorne and found that the highway home was closed due to weather. Now I would have been excited accept for the other highway back to the house had now been closed. We were stuck! We walked Target for a bit and then had some dinner. The highway finally opened and we made it home safe.

We all had a great time and I am looking forward to getting out of the city more as the summer is nearing. Bring on camping season!!!
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Scrapbooking design personalized with Smilebox

2 comments:

Reisberger Reflections said...

So your post reminded of the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie book. Yours would say, If You Give Your Son a Lolipop!
Cute!

Unknown said...

SO fun lady.....Love to see your little family. I am laughing...I MISSSSS the city life so bad. We hopefully will get a pool in our city this summer and I keep dreaming of a Costco that is a little closer to home. Ha ha. Give me the city! Love you....