Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Spring is here!

Easter has come and gone!  The weekend was so busy I didn't take one picture with my camera!  Now I'm regretting it!

Last year we started a new tradition with Gary's family and did a glow in the dark Easter egg hunt.  This year was an even bigger hit.  The kids love it and I think the adults love it even more!  I wish I had pictures to show how cool the set up looks!  We had glow in the dark Easter eggs and glow in the dark balloons and glow sticks tied to everything that didn't fit in eggs.  It was so much fun!  The kids dyed Easter eggs while some of the adults set it all up in the back yard!

Saturday morning was another Easter egg hunt at Gary's moms house that she does annually for all the grand-kids.  Which of course always has my father-n-laws yummy cooking!!

Easter Sunday was nice and relaxing.  We had church in the morning and a delicious Easter dinner at my moms house.  Very low key and soooo good!  It was actually nice to celebrate Easter for what it truly is.  Some times I feel like things just get so commercialized and I know I'm guilty of getting to involved in all the hub bub of it.  I really want my children to understand the true meaning of why we celebrate the holidays we do.  I'm not going to take the magic out of it for them but I will always teach them the true meaning.  I'm okay with them knowing that the Easter bunny is not real.  Brayden said it himself this time too... after having his picture taken with the bunny this year he told me that there was a person inside.  I was totally okay with him knowing that and honestly felt good about it!

My super handsome boys on Easter Sunday

Now spring finally feels like it is here.  We are getting some much needed moisture and trees and flowers are starting to bud and the grass is turning green!  It's beautiful!

We are able to play outside more and not have to be so bundled up!  Last week my mom bought Brayden a new bike and he did so good for his first time out on it!  He loves getting outside and playing.  And now that he has something new and fun to do I'm sure we will be out in the nice weather a lot more!



We have 7 more weeks left until baby Ashlynn is here!  I'm getting pretty anxious but not anxious enough that I want it to happen any sooner!





1 comment:

Reisberger Reflections said...

Well if it did happen sooner you would have that birthing story!!! I would love to see the picks from the glow in the dark hunt! See if a SIL has some.