Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I HATE MOSQUITO'S!!!

We had another fun, scratch that, another weekend of camping. I don't know what was more fun... how hot it was or the thousands of mosquito's! We left Friday evening a little later than planned so we didn't get up to our area until dark. We decided to go to Terryall and it's all first come first serve. We had a large group of us, so we took the chance of campsites even being open. On the actual lake it was of course completely full. So we drove further in and found a large spot that we had all to ourselves. The only bad thing was Gary and I have the only camper without a bathroom and we camped in open space! So every time I had to go to the bathroom I had to drive back to the lake where they had the bathrooms. No bueno! Oh and there was no shade for the HOT weather they were having there! UGH. AND the mosquito's were insanely annoying! I thought I was going to lose my mind. AND Brayden was teething and another eye tooth came through over the weekend. He cried nearly the whole time. Poor kid! Needless to say ... wasn't my favorite camping trip. I think we came home with over 100 bites on us each! BUT I did catch my first fish! I need more practice and can't wait to go fishing again!

We did see the most beautiful sunset ever as we drove into the valley and did some 4 wheeling. Even Brayden got to ride. When he wasn't crying he seemed to just enjoy wandering around camp. That made me not mind not being next to lake so he could just wander around and not have to worry so much.

I was sure glad to be coming home from this trip though. Usually I always want to stay longer ... but the mix of bugs and Brayden's crying I couldn't take it any more!
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Digital scrapbooking design made with Smilebox


This other slide show is from my cousins wedding in June. I am so lame and forgot my camera and so my cousin sent me these pictures!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a free slideshow design

3 comments:

Reisberger Reflections said...

My gosh the last time I saw Mia she was only, what, 2?

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun... well all except that last photo. My goodness- he's going to need a massage! I'm envious of all your camping. In the words of Napolean Dynamite... "Lucky"!

Shandra Mesch said...

The both of you need to get your booties up there with us!!!