Friday, July 29, 2011

This is the life...

I don't know if I have mentioned it before... but... I LOVE MY LIFE! I am so blessed to be married to the most wonderful husband who is so patient with me and loves me for me. I also have been blessed with a very very cute little boy! Although right now he seems to have hit the terrible 2 stage! The fits are something I never imagined! BUT one little smile or kiss from him and it just makes it all better! He is growing up so quickly! Still not a whole lot of talking. I am still waiting... His only words are: Uh oh
Hot
Wow
Mama
Da or dada
and then just some blabber.
He has almost all of his teeth now. We are just waiting for 1 more now I think. Oh and along with the terrible 2 stage he is the worst at sharing. The doctor told me at this age they have no idea what sharing even is and to tell all the older kids they need to share. But at some point they have to learn right? Everything right now is Braydens though (he seems to think) and we are still working on teaching him how to share.
He is now my little escape artist too and loves to be outside. He has never escaped without me knowing, yet. But he loves to test me while I'm sitting right here watching him.

At least he sat right on the step.

Brayden telling me to get my booty out there!

I tried another new recipe! It was YUMMY!

Chicken Enchilada Ring:

(ok, so it may not look great... but it was good!) My advice... don't buy generic crescent rolls! I try to buy generic everything and some things you just can't go generic on!
2 C. coarsely chopped chicken
1/4 C. chopped pitted ripe olives
1 C. shredded Monterey Jack/Cheddar blend
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, undrained
1/2 C. mayonnaise
1 T. Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 plum tomatoes
1 lime
2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips, divided
2 pkgs. crescent rolls
1 C. salsa
1 C. sour cream

Preheat oven to 375° F.
Mix chopped chicken, olives, cheese, green chilies, mayonnaise and seasoning mix in bowl. Seed and chop one tomato. Slice lime in half. Juice one half of lime to measure 1 t. of juice. Reserve remaining lime for garnish. Add chopped tomato and lime juice to chicken mixture. Reserve 2 T. crushed chips and add remaining chips to chicken mixture. Mix well.
Sprinkle reserved crushed chips over flat side of a large cutting board. Place dough onto chips and press down so chips adhere to dough.
Separate dough into triangles. Arrange triangles, chip side down, in a circle on a 13" baking stone. Wide ends should overlap in the center and points should be toward the outside. There should be a 5" diameter opening in the center.
Scoop chicken mixture onto the wide ends of the triangles. Bring points of the triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends. Do not cover filling completely. It should show in between each triangle.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
For garnish, cut remaining tomato into 8 wedges. Cut remaining half of lime into 4 slices, cut in half. Arrange between openings of ring where filling is showing. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
(Oh and I don't have a baking stone so I just used pizza pan! A small one so I didn't have much room to spread the dough out!)

1 comment:

Mariana said...

Loved your blog. Thanks for sharing. I too think you have an amazing family! Hugs