Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New Recipes

I get so bored eating the same foods over and over for dinner. And I'm sure my husband doesn't appreciate it either. I just got into this funk. We make the same things every week it seems. You know, spaghetti, hamburgers, brats, tacos, steak. And then we start all over the next week with the SAME thing! UGH! Boring!!! So I was reading a friends blog and she has tons of recipes. I have copied her idea and will take pictures and post recipes. Because if your anything like me you need to see a picture with the recipe. I am trying 4 new dinner recipes this week and I am so excited. LOL.. yes I am laughing at myself.

The other night I made Upside Down Pizza:


1 pound beef
1 onion chopped
1 tsp garlic minced
1 16 oz jar marinara sauce -NOT SPAGHETTI SAUCE-
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup mini pepperonis
2 cans crescent rolls

Brown Beef, Onion, Garlic then add 1/2 marinara to mixture.

Open 1 can of crescent rolls and roll them out to one sheet, place on greased 9x13 pan
Add meaty sauce mixture and add cheeses then add pepperoni's.
Top with remaining sauce, then remaining cheese.
Open last can of crescent rolls and roll them out too and place on top.
Sprinkle with Oregano and Parmesan.

Bake for 30 minutes.

I also made some good 'ol Monkey Bread... YUM!:


3 cans Buttermilk biscuits (not the flakey kind) - I used 4 cans!
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 sticks butter


Preheat the oven to 350.

Open up all three cans of biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters.

Next, combine the white sugar with 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon. 3 will be really cinnamon-y. Dump this mix and the biscuits into a gallon size zip lock back and shake it up really well.

Drop all of the biscuit quarters into a bundt pan (or jumbo muffin cups). OR I just used a 9x13 pan.

Melt the butter with the brown sugar in a sauce pan over medium-high heat until combined. Once the brown sugar butter has become one color, pour it over the biscuits.

Bake for 30-40 minutes (or 20 minutes for the muffin cup ones) until the crust is deep brown on the top.

No comments: