Friday, July 8, 2011

July 4th Weekend

I think I am still paying for this last weekend. I am exhausted!!! It seemed as though it was nonstop Friday though Tuesday.

Friday we thought we would test Brayden out on watching some fireworks and see how he would do before the big day. Gary, Brayden and I drove down to Coors Field and parked basically under where they let fireworks off. Good spot on a little hidden back road. Brayden did great. As a matter of fact they had really no affect at all on Brayden. He got bored about half way thru and just wanted to play in the back of the car. So I don't know what we were so worried about! :) It made me laugh because I was worried he would get scared from the booms but nope! A few times he would point at the really big loud ones and say, "woa", and then giggle. That was it. I'm so glad.

Saturday we invited ourselves over to my brother-n-laws house. (Thanks guys!!!). Poor Henke's... they had been working out on their deck area all day and we bombarded them with dinner and family. I'm sure they were exhausted! But they put up with all of us and we had so much fun. We brought some of our own fireworks and the kids seemed to enjoy that.

Sunday we met up with the Henke's again and went and walked around Bass Pro Shops, one of our favorite places. We then went over to Toby Keith's Bar and Grill for dinner and after that drove over to the stadium where the Colorado Rapids play and watched their firework show. The boys all had fun playing on the hill and running around and they had a really great firework show. One of the best I have ever seen!

I thought we would never get out on the 4th. Brayden I think had had enough. He was over-exhausted from the whole weekend. Fighting his naps all the way and was throwing major tantrums all day. So we cancelled our plans to go to the Broomfield fireworks. Brayden finally fell asleep about 5pm for his nap and didn't wake up till 730pm. I knew if we tried to go anywhere at that time we would NEVER find parking. Gary's Aunt Shelly and originally invited us over so we called and begged (ok so we didn't have to beg) but asked if we can take our invitation back and still come over. I'm so glad we did. We had so much fun! Their house backs right up to a field and they live right near where they let off fireworks for the City of Thornton. So we got front row seats almost. It was another great show! AND the whole neighborhood was one big party too. Everyone was doing fireworks and having BBQ's. It was great!

We had a great weekend and so much fun! Thank you everyone for celebrating with us!!!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own digital slideshow


Sunday

No comments: