Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hairspray...

Yesterday took a trip to the mall. It's about a 45 minute bus ride into the town of Kaneohe. It's a beautiful ride along the north shore coast. It was kind of nice feeling like I was in civilazation with the mall. We saw the movie Hairspray and I thought it was pretty funny!

Here's the funny story for the day. First off... it gets so hot here that usually when I get home from walking around town I change into my nightgown. So today was definitely one of those days. Second our washer and dryer are outside and in the front yard. My roommate and I had some time today to get some laundry done. So here we are walking down in our nightgowns going to put our laundry in. As we walked back to the door we realized we locked ourselves out!!! IT WAS HOT... I tell you!! Well we remembered we had our bathing suits and towels drying on the clothes line in the backyard. So we changed in the garage, thinking we will just go to the beach till someone gets home to let us in. Then we saw there was a ladder back by the shed. So my roommate being the brave one that she is climbed to the roof and thru our sliding glass door to unlock our front door. I'm sure all the neighbors were watching and got the best show of their lives today. 2 white girls in their bathing suits trying to break into their own apartment! We definitely hit the beach after that... just to cool off!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this day! It was all about the ladder that was so rusted out...I was afraid I was going to break it! We were so brave that day...certainly deserved the beach afterward!!!!