Sunday, September 2, 2007

My first bus ride to WalMart

Well yesterday I had my first bus ride down to WalMart. They have conveniently called the transit system here "TheBus". Imagine that. LOL. We took off about 7am in the morning and finally arrived 2 hours later. My roommate and I were lucky enough to sit right behind a woman that took a shower in her perfume before she graced us with her presence on "the bus". I thought I was literally going to throw up, it was so overwhelming. WalMart was our day-o-fun. Bought my first boogie board yesterday and a TV tray to eat on since we don't have a kitchen. Yes this was very exciting for me! The ride home was interesting to say the least. The bus gets very crowded during the day and we were able to get plenty of people watching in. It was great. Went to the beach last night and hit some bigger waves. The biggest I have seen yet. I have mastered body surfing and now moving on to the boogie board. Hoping to one day learn how to surf. Although... still a little afraid of those man eating sharks!! There is an island about a 1/2 mile or so off the shore of our beach where the tiger sharks breed. We were talking to friends last night and just found out that the sharks come up to shore after dark. Yea, I don't think I will be going moonlight swimming EVER!!

No comments: